YouTube is one of the few platforms that provides live streaming content for viewers. Yet, it’s not as easy for YouTube creators to
monetize their videos as it should be. This is because most creators don’t have a dedicated team running the ads on their videos, and they can only earn money from
ads if viewers watch at least three seconds of those ads. To help creators increase ad revenue and drive more views on their videos, YouTube announced a new feature called Watch Hours.
The concept is very simple: you start with a set number of hours every day you can upload your content. Once you use up all these hours, you have to wait until the next
day to start again. For example, if you start at 8am Monday through Friday, you get 24 hours to upload your videos during that period. Once those are used up and you’ve reached 24 total hours (including any breaks),
you can no longer upload anything until 8am the next day or until your new 24-hour allowance starts running again (whichever comes first). However, in addition to this restriction, there are also extra benefits
associated with uploading your content within this time frame that will make it worth your while. Let’s take a look at why YouTube is introducing this new feature — and what it could mean for your channel in the long run!
What is YouTube Watch Hours?
Watch Hours are an added feature that YouTube creators can choose to use as a way to help increase ad revenue for their channel. You can use Watch Hours to control when you can upload new videos to
your channel, and how often you’re able to make new content available to your fans. During the first two weeks that Watch Hours
are rolled out, you’re able to choose a time that works best for you. After that, you’ll have to use the time that YouTube has set for you.
The official YouTube blog explains this new feature can help you reach more fans, increase ad revenue, and build a larger audience for your brand: “With Watch Hours, you can use the extra time you get each day to upload more videos and increase your reach. You can also use the additional time to edit and create more content, helping you be more productive. And, with more videos on YouTube, you’ll be able to drive more views and earn more money from your videos.”
How will YouTube Watch Hours Work?
To begin, you’ll need to select the “Use Watch Hours” option in your Creator Studio account settings. This will enable the new feature for your account. Once you do so, you’ll need to choose how often you want to upload new videos. Your options are daily, weekly, and twice a month. Once you’ve selected this, you’ll also need to decide if you want to use the “First 24 Hours” option or “Total 24 Hours.” The first option allows you to use the first 24 hours of each day to add new videos to your account, while the latter option lets you add videos during the 24 hours from 8am to 8am the next day.
Why is YouTube introducing Watch Hours?
As YouTube notes, Watch Hours is designed to help creators reach a new audience while also increasing ad revenue. More specifically, when you choose to use Watch Hours, YouTube will automatically monetize your videos using YouTube’s new in-video ads. These are similar to regular ads, except they appear inside your content instead of interrupting it. When choosing to use Watch Hours, you’ll also be able to set a “max play duration” for each video. This means that once a fan starts the video, that user will keep watching the video until the “max play duration” is reached; this prevents videos from being interrupted by other users who start playing them after the video is already playing.
What are the benefits of uploading your video within Watch Hours?
– More Views: If you choose to use the “First 24 Hours” option, you’ll be able to reach a new audience each day. On YouTube, the more views your videos receive, the higher they appear in people’s recommendations, which is why the more views you get, the more successful your channel will be. As you continue using these new videos, viewers will “watch” them, which means they’ll view all your videos. This will help you build a larger audience for your channel.
– Lift Higher in Search Results: Since Watch Hours videos will also be monetized using YouTube’s new in-video ads, they’ll boost your channel’s ranking in YouTube’s algorithm. This will help your videos appear higher in search results, including in your search listings and on related videos. Higher search results mean more people will discover your videos and be able to watch them.
– More Monetization: If one of your goals on YouTube is to make more money, then you’ll love the additional ad revenue that comes with the new Watch Hours feature. Once you choose a time and upload your videos during this time frame, YouTube will automatically begin showing ads. These ads will be delivered using YouTube’s new in-video ads — which are designed to be better than regular video ads. According to YouTube, “These new ads are more interactive, informative and engaging than traditional pre-rolls and interstitials and don’t take up as much of your audience’s attention.” Buy YouTube watch hours now and increase your engagements.
What to expect from Watch Hours?
As YouTube notes, the feature is still in its early stages and not all features are ready to go yet. As a result, some features may not be available according to your chosen schedule. However, here are some of the most common ways that YouTube Watch Hours is expected to help your channel: – Reach a New Audience: When you choose to use Watch Hours, you’ll be able to reach a new audience each day and build a larger fan base.
– More Content: When using Watch Hours, you’ll be able to create more content. As a result, your channel will now have more videos to play, which will help your videos receive more views.
– Lift Higher in Search Results: As your videos are monetized using YouTube’s new in-video ads, they’ll boost your channel’s
ranking in YouTube’s algorithm. This will help your videos appear higher in search results, including in your search listings and
on related videos. Higher search results mean more people will discover your videos and be able to watch them.
– More Monetization: If one of your goals on YouTube is to make more money, then you’ll love the additional ad revenue that comes with the new Watch Hours feature.
Final Words: Is YouTube Watch Hours Worth it for You?
If you want to reach a new audience and earn more money from your videos, then you’ll want to choose to use YouTube Watch Hours. This new feature will help you reach
an even larger audience, boost your channel’s ranking, and earn more money from your content. However, it may take some time for these benefits to become
available on your channel; YouTube noted that some features may not be available yet, so you may not immediately see the impact they have on your videos. Overall, though,
this feature is worth using, as it will help you reach a bigger audience and earn more ad revenue from your videos.